Monday, May 17, 2010

Broccoli Salad

Surprisingly, this is a recipe I found on my own when I was in college.
I say this is "surprising" because sometimes it seems like the things I ate in college, were really ONLY good while I was IN college. BUT I have to say, this recipe CONTINUES to get GREAT reviews every time!



Salad:

1 lb. broccoli florets
1/2 lb. bacon (cooked & crumbled)
1/2 C. cashews
1/2 C. raisins

Combine all together in a serving bowl.



Dressing:

1 C. mayo
1/2 C. sugar
1 TBS. vinegar

Mix well.

Add dressing to salad immediately before serving.

Thanks "internet" (sorry, I don't remember the website . . . it was so long ago!)

3 comments:

Jim and Nina said...

We have learned to love broccoli salad also. I make it often.

Mom

Jacquie said...

Ooooo, I LOVE that broccoli salad! I haven't made it in a long time...maybe I will make it this weekend for a bbq. I have made it since we were roomies :).

Rachel said...

Linked to this post in the Mom Loop forum. It looks incredibly yummy! I'd love to know the secret of your meal inspiration:

http://theblogfrog.com/1362952/forum/29619/whats-for-dinner--inspiration.html