Friday, May 21, 2010

Chicken Stroganoff


Crock-pots are really one of my FAVORITE ways to cook. I LOVE the "fix it and forget it" way of making dinner. This chicken stroganoff dish is one of those recipes. Not only does it cook in a crock-pot, but it freezes well also! I will often double or quadruple this recipe and freeze the leftovers for another time when I don't want to cook. How did I come across this recipe? One summer I came home from college, and my mom had made this for dinner. I have been in LOVE with this dish ever since. My family loves it too. Enjoy!

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
1/2 C. margarine
1 packet Italian dressing mix
8 oz cream cheese
1 C. milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Combine chicken, margarine, and dressing mix in a crock-pot and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.

Combine cream cheese, milk, and soup. Cook for 30 minutes more.

Serve over rice.

Serves 4-6 people.

Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That is Steve's favorite recipe - we make it all the time!